Thursday, June 28, 2007

Negative Ken at Arlene's Grocery last night!

I'm biased, I know, but I think we rocked the house! There were some equipment issues at the beginning of the set. The shound guy apologized to me personally because he couldn't pinpoint the source of some bass feedback that marred our first tune. But it mostly worked out in the end. My drummer couldn't hear us very well on the monitor, and as a result he missed a few cymbal crashes and drum fills. Also, I heard some wierd echo on my vocals for Seven Nation Army. Strange stuff, but I have to say that Arlene's was a great spot to play. The arena is intimate enough to be close to your friends and the backline equipment is top-notch (meaning it actually works as advertised!).

Wall Street Poker players in attendance were Johnny G (Darko), Wendy R (Fidget, hah!), Matt S (Slayer), Paulie H (Walnuts), Stephane C, Karol S, Scott St. G (The Poker Idiot) and Abbie M. In addition, it was Paulie's 40th birthday (Did you hear my shout out on stage?), and the group went to dinner at Frank's in the East Village afterwards. I couldn't join them as I was getting drunk with my boss and some co-workers, but I hear a good time was had by all.

Pictures are coming just as soon as I migrate this site onto Blogger/Flickr.

No comments: