Friday, September 14, 2007

Live from ACL!

Ok, I'm going to blog about my flight in yesterday and my trips around Austin before the Austin City Limits festival started today, but I've been noting that on my Blackberry and it will be uploaded tonight. But for now, I'm in the middle of the ACL fairgrounds and doing some live blogging for y'all!!

AT&T has kindly set up a tent they call 'The Digital Oasis', and it is. It's air-conditioned ('nuff said) and the temperature is a steady and sweaty 93 with no breeze in sight. But the music is kick ass and the scene is fantastic. There's about 50,000 very cool people wandering from stage to stage. The festival is incredibly well organized, with directions and fans spraying water just about everywhere you look. Also, they're giving out tons of freebies and the music is all starting on time. And it sounds great. I've listened to some bluegrass, funk, blues and rock all in the space of 5 hours so far, and there's 2 days to go!

I'm loving this, even if my body is sweating a ton of water. But there's plenty of booths to buy water and iced tead and beer, if I wanted to (uh, not in this heat thanks). Joss Stone is just starting her set outside the Oasis area, so I gotta run. I'm loving Austin!

No comments: