Saturday, July 5, 2008

Poker is American

I celebrated the 4th with a late night (1:10am to 3:50am) session at the Salami Club. I ended the night +372 but my compatriot (who shall remain nameless) ended up +1250! I made most of my money when my AdAh, which I raised PF to 25 and got two callers, flopped Jd5d6d. I bet out 75, got re-raised to 250 and I shoved for 375 total. He called and showed KdJc for top pair with the second nut flush draw. I showed him the bad news and both the turn and river bricked to win me the pot. From there on out, it was a matter of trying to double up again, but it didn't work out for me. I had KK UTG, elected to limp hoping to pop a raise, but the table picked that hand to go quiet. 6 callers later and an Ace on the flop and it was an easy fold.

My compatriot, however, got the luck of flopping a King high straight with KTo. Flop was QdJs9d. He/She bet out 70 on the flop, got a raise to 165 and then another player shoved for 585 total! My compatriot did some hollywood to try to get the other player to call, but once he/she called, the other player folded. Turned out the shover had Td7d for the flush draw and the OESD. No diamond came and my compatriot was on his/her way to a spectacular 2.5 hour night. If you're reading this, and you know who you are, nice job!!!

Oh, and I had yet another one of Ricardo's spectacular omelette sandwiches, AND a cappucino, so my night was definitely a good one. Fireworks?!? Bah! There are fireworks at the Salami club EVERY NIGHT!

No comments: