Friday, September 5, 2008

Floor!

One last note about last night. I had 95 offsuit on the button and called the two crazy aggro guys because I was short stacked. The flop was T52. They both checked to me and I shoved all in for $43. The first guy called. Then, the second guy, whom I had tripled up through his good play and my bad beats (both), asked the first guy, "Check to the river?". The first guy said Yes and THEN he made the call. I was livid. Knowing he was going to see the turn and river for free allows him to make the call and now my small pair is a MUCH bigger dog against two hands. I called for the floor immediately and the dealer, who completely agreed that this was collusion (he even said that to the floor), called for a supervisor. We explained the situation and the floor gave a crappy 'warning' but didn't retract the bet. The turn and river were both Jacks and neither player bet either street (surprise, surprise). The first guy showed AJ for two overs on the flop (WTF?). The second guy showed KQ for the same thing! Ridiculous! So be warned about people who slowplay each other. Don't be afraid to call bullshit if you have to.

And no, I didn't get my money back from them, unfortunately. Another time. {Sigh}

2 comments:

Karol said...

"I had 95 offsuit on the button and called the two crazy aggro guys because I was short stacked."

So...now we call when we're shortstacked instead of pushing? Um, when is your next game?

Jamie said...

You opted out, remember? But if you want another chance to lose your stack to us, a seat is always open for you!