Monday, May 19, 2008

Where my loyalties lie

I am, first and foremost, a fan of New York. That means the city of New York and any teams that spring from it. That's the Yankees AND the Mets, the Jets AND the Giants. I hate hockey so I don't give a shit about the Rangers OR the Islanders and the Knicks keep breaking my heart but I'm with them in spirit.

Most people, when they hear this philosophy, end up asking me the inevitable question; If push comes to shove, whom do you choose?

The answer is: I'm a Long Islander in my heart. Therefore, the Mets and the Jets take priority over the Yankees and Giants.

I don't care if you don't like it, that's how I root. So I'm happy the Mets kicked the Yankees butts this weekend.

1 comment:

Booby Stealz said...

Mets are underachievers with no heart whereas the Yanks have been decimated by injuries and poor pitching...WE'll see how everything turns out at the end of the year.