Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My weekend plans

This weekend is Father's day. As a result, EVERYONE is doing something with their parents. Except me, that is. My Father lives, blissfully, in Florida. True, I could hop a flight and see him, but why go to Florida for a whole day and a half when he'll be coming up for a week for my niece's birthday at the end of the month?

So I'm going to Pittsburgh. How's that for a segue?

Ok, there's a small backstory. I had bid for a room in Atlantic City (The Walnuts Inn being closed for the season) on Ebay, but lost at the last minute to a sniper. So I started thinking about picking off poker rooms for my list. West Virginia has two rooms, one in Chester and one in Wheeling, both within a one hour drive of the Pittsburgh airport. So, a few mouseclicks later, I'm going to Pitssburgh! Should be interesting, as I've never been to West Virginia before.

The Deliverance theme will be embedded in my head the ENTIRE time, I promise.

3 comments:

Alceste said...

As a former West Virginian, I am obligated to point out that Deliverance was set in Georgia, so no dueling banjoes for you...

Jamie said...

As a lifelong New Yorker, I'm obligated to tell you that I don't make that distinction! ;-p

De de de de de de de de de.....

buy and sell on ebay said...

As far as eBay sniping goes, I say fight fire with fire and become a sniper yourself.

I recommend http://www.hidbid.com but there are many others available, both web-based services and desktop softwares, some free and some not.