Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lazy blog post

I haven’t had a whole lot of time for updating the blog in the last week or two. With my preparations for my Florida trip and playing poker every day I’m not seeing Ali, my priority hasn’t been focused on writing. Sorry for the delay.

Jordan has a nice recap of the last lowball only night at Wall Street Poker, so go read it. Plus, he gives me mad props over my awesome setup. Who am I to argue? (W00t!)

The other big announcement has been that we’re sending a Wall Street representative to the big show next year (that’s the World Series of Poker). Over the next 8 or 9 months, we’ll be running a series of 10 $40 buyin super satellite single table freezeouts that will result in 10 different winners. Those 10 lucky people will all play in another long format tourney which will result in a $3000 grand prize, to be used to enter into any $2000 buyin event plus $1000 for travel expenses. I’ve got full details and rules up on www.walllstreetpoker.org if you want to go check it out. (Please note that access to that site is for league members only, sorry.)

South Beach with Ali was AMAZING. Going wave jumping in the ocean when there’s a hurricane nearby is a religious experience. Highly recommended. We also had some really nice dinners out (even with my parents) and got some great weather finally on Monday for a few hours. Just a great trip all around.

I’m looking forward to coming back to New York and getting back in gear, but in the meantime, I’m playing lots of poker here in South Florida.

Best conversation I had at the poker table:
Old Man: What do you do?
Me: I write software for Merrill Lynch. What about you?
Old Man: I’ve been a doctor for 45 years.
Me: Do you still practice?
Old Man: Not anymore. I practice one day a week at the Veterans Hospital.
Me: That’s a tough job.
Old Man: Son, I was a B-12 Pilot. *That* was a tough job.

On the next hand of O/8, I scooped him with nut/nut. Respect, dude.

No comments: