Monday, September 22, 2008

Life update

I haven't blogged in a while but it's not because of a lack of things going on in my life, but BECAUSE of them. The sheer quantity of things that have been going on since I got back from Florida has been staggering. I can't comment fully on all of them, but I'll take a swipe at listing them.

1. Root Canal - I was having serious pain in my upper left molar all through my Florida trip and the only thing that made the experience bearable was regular dosages of Advil. I initially thought the pain was my impacted wisdom teeth causing trouble, but the pain started to get more localized to the one tooth. Upon my return to New York, my wonderful (and super hot) dentist on Wall Street identified the issue. I made plans to get the root canal and to also get my wisdom teeth removed five days later, but decided the two operations in one week was too much unnecessary trauma. So I had the root canal and postponed the wisdom teeth until next month. Something to look forward to.

2. My relationship with Ali progresses. Not only did her father treat us to the Jets home opener vs. the dreaded Pats (they lost, grr...), but I got to meet her sister as well. Evidently, I made a good impression, because I was invited to her sister's 21st birthday bash this weekend and met the rest of her family for Sunday brunch. It's nice for something to be going smooth in my life. We've been doing great stuff in the last two weeks, including a great Saturday last weekend when we walked over the Brooklyn Bridge, had ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory, dinner at Henry's End in Brooklyn Heights and a quick visit to the MoonStruck house. I'm still the master of awesome dates.

3. Wall Street melts down - Are you kidding me with this shit? In the space of two weeks, every independent investment bank on the street is GONE. Merrill gets bought by Bank of America, Lehman falls and Morgan Stanley and Goldman become commercial banks. Can you imagine a Goldman Sachs local BRANCH?!? What has the world come to? In the meantime, my job is relatively unaffected although I don't hold out much hope for my end of year bonus to be anything more than a pittance. I'm seriously considering alternative careers. Maybe open a bar/poker room in Montana?

Way too much going on in my life. I'm anxious about re-upholstering my new poker table with the suited speed cloth that I got to replace the suede that's currently there. But I have to wait for 5 consecutive free hours to do the work. {Sigh}

3 comments:

Dawn Summers said...

I made a good impression, because I was invited to her sister's 21st birthday bash this weekend
Yeah, meeting the older sister is a big moment.

Jamie said...

Naked jealousy isn't a good look for you Dawn

Anonymous said...

you have got to be kidding