Monday, August 10, 2009

Why does this not exist?

Do you realize there is no RSS feed for TV listings? Wouldn't that just be incredibly useful? I check my RSS aggregator (currently Bloglines but moving over to Google Reader) about 15 times a day. It would be nice if there was a way to customize an RSS feed that would, perhaps, update 3 times a day, with the listings of specific channels I select. Or maybe even alert me when a particular show or movie is being shown? How nice would it be if I could just say, "Send me an alert when any channel is going to broadcast something with the word 'Blues' in it". Or, "Send me an alert when 'The Ten Commandments' is being shown. Etc...

I suspect there is nothing like this because TV listings are intellectual property, or some such nonsense. You'd think TVGuide.Com would jump all over this, wouldn't you?

No comments: