Friday, July 20, 2007

A recent conversation...

A true email thread. A little backgroud on this; David R. and I have been invited to the wedding of my band's drummer. David is his fraternity brother from college (which is, coincidentally, my fraternity as well, though I went to a different school). The wedding is in Philadelphia.

Jamie: How are you getting to the wedding? Is there any chance I can tag along?

David: I am in the wedding so I have to be down there Friday night. I can definitely give you a lift back to the city on Sunday. I know others who are going on Saturday, don't know yet how they are getting down, some of them I assume will drive. I'll find you a ride.

Jamie: Much appreciated either way. I might not go back Sunday night though. I'm thinking of taking a Sunday afternoon train to Atlantic City and spending the night there, coming back on a bus Monday night. What the hell, right?

David: You may already have this, but just in case you don't I suggest you put it in your phone:
Gamblers Anonymous
NATIONAL HOTLINE 888-GA-HELPS (888-424-3577)

Um, that hurts dude. I especially liked that you typed out all the numbers for me in addition to the letters. So just in case I'm in a gambling induced haze, I can make the call and get talked down.

No comments: