Thursday, April 23, 2009

The mystery is solved

Last year, my beloved Starbucks which was just outside my door, mysteriously closed with no warning whatsoever. This, by the way, had nothing to do with the mass closings of Starbucks that happened at the same time since this location wasn't on the published list of closings. For a year now, the windows were taped over and I'd been pondering what was happening behind those sheets. I knew construction was occurring, but to what end? Would the Starbucks be reopened, perhaps remodeled? Maybe another eatery? Well, yesterday the mystery was solved as the workers hoisted the letters of the store to their place over the doorway.

TOURBULLON

Yeah, I'd never heard of it either but a quick Google search confirms that it's a fancy shmancy watch store. Yeah, good timing guys. Bring back my coffee!

No comments: