Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pretty good for a day and a half

Came back yesterday for a quick hit and run of Atlantic City. End Result: +$565. I didn't have a single losing session and I played exactly as I should be playing, tight and aggressive.

Best played hand:

I have 5c-7c in the BB. MP raises to $11 and 4 people call so I make the call for a $2 discount. Flop is 7h-4c-2s. Top pair with running straight and flush draws. Ok, I'll take a stab. I bet out $22. I get two callers, including the original raiser (O.R.). Turn is a 3h, giving me an OESD along with my top pair. Assuming no one has a six, I have 13 outs to improve here (two 7's, three 5's, four 6's and four Aces). A perfect time to semi-bluff. I confidently carve out a silo of $100 (half my stack) and push it forward. The first caller folds. The O.R. tanks and starts cursing to himself before mucking QQ face up. Cherry!

2 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Actually, the way you bet the hand, his fold was probably correct most of the time!

BWoP said...

I thought this was going to be another story about how crubs always get there.

But hooray for CHERRY!