Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Best. Summer. Ever.

This summer has been great so far but there is SO much left for me to do. In the past 48 hours, I've arranged the following events, all of which are guaranteed in aggregate to provide me with an exciting summer, negating the lazy-ass summer I had last year.

July 11th - A picnic basket, a nice blanket, a special bottle of wine, food from Murray's Cheese on Bleecker Street, and The Wizard of Oz outdoors. Could this date with Ali be any more awesome?

July 12th and 13th - Foxwoods!

July 19th - Scuba Diving with my buddy Scott out in Montauk.

July 23rd - My band, Negative Ken, performs at the R Bar at 9PM! (Show up at 8PM)

August 9th - Ali and I go midnight river rafting in the mountains before showing up at a secluded spot to watch the Perseids meteor shower at it's peak!

August 12th - My birthday. Need I say more? Oh yeah, there's more. I have two tickets to see Boston, with REO Speedwagon opening up, at Jones Beach. AND I'm taking the day off. Bitchin'.

August 28th through September 7th - Ali and I go down to South Beach for a three day weekend. I put her back on a plane on Sept. 1st and spend the rest of my time with my parents on Hollywood Beach. There will be much poker at the Hollywood Hard Rock.

And that's just the last 48 hours. Other things on tap for the rest of the summer:
A walk across the Brooklyn Bridge
A tour of the Brooklyn Heights Promenade followed by dinner at Henry's End
A visit to the Cloisters
Dinner at L'Ecole, The Water Club, Delmonicos and other fine New York institutions
Brunch in Chinatown
Kayaking on the Hudson River
Fencing at the New York Fencer's Club

I'm digging the city again, all of a sudden, and I'm loving it because I don't know how long this feeling will last.

Live, my friends. I command thee.

No comments: