1. If you're going to draw, draw to the nuts.
2. Scoop pots are the key to profit. Don't pay too much to draw to a split pot.
3. If someone raises, check the board for the nut hand. Chances are they have it.
4. Four middle cards in your hand do NOT constitute a good starting hand.
5. Playing for a set lower than Jacks is an awful play. The chances of someone flopping a higher set are grotesque.
6. Raising with the nut low will often get you quartered. Sometimes Sixthed.
7. Patience, Patience, Patience. A good starting hand will come soon enough.